Do you have kids or adults in your household who play seasonal sports? Or maybe you have a household full of sports spectators (March Madness, anyone?).
Whatever your situation, you probably have a group of hungry people looking for food that’s quick to eat, but satisfying. Shortly before Super Bowl, I shared a recipe with you using Farmland® Bacon. Now I’m back with another original recipe (yes, I created them both!) using Farmland® Sausage.
Fiesta Pork Meatballs
A spicy twist on an appetizer favorite!
- 1 roll of Farmland® pork sausage
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Mexican, fiesta or nacho/taco shredded cheese blended with spices
- Tomato-based salsa casera
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic head
- Olive or other desired oil
- Toothpicks or plastic forks
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- After washing, finely dice up green pepper, red pepper, onion, and garlic.
- Sauté green pepper, red pepper, onion, and garlic using a small bit of oil to prevent burning and salsa for seasoning. Set aside mixture to cool.
- Combine sausage, egg, bread crumbs, shredded cheese, and seasonings in a bowl. Bread crumbs should not be visible and mixture should bind together.
- Add in sautéed pepper/onion/garlic/salsa mixture and mix thoroughly. If mixture comes apart too easily, add more bread crumbs until mixture adheres together.
- Roll the sausage mixture into approximately 1” balls.
- Spray the bottom of a rectangular glass pan with non-stick spray. No spray is necessary for non-stick dark metal pans. Place the balls in the pan with approximately 1” of space in between each ball.
- Bake the meatball at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Cover meatballs for moister texture or leave uncovered for crispier texture.
- Remove meatballs from oven and allow to cool. Stick a toothpick or plastic fork in each meatball and arrange on a serving tray. Serve and enjoy!
I hope you like this Latino-inspired recipe perfect for game time or anytime. I served it to my family and my husband was very pleased with the flavor and kick.
Need something hearty to serve in the morning? New Farmland® Homestyle Sausage is gluten-free with no MSG. It’s packed full of the delicious, all-natural flavor you crave to start your day. Discover all their breakfast sausages: available in links and patties. Try their Maple or Bacon Sausage flavors.
Are you ready for spring sports?! After eating some of these fun and flavorful meatballs, you will be. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your family and friends via social media and email.
This is a compensated collaboration with Farmland® and Latina Bloggers Connect. However, all opinions expressed are my own.