I Got my Christmas Gift– The Versatile Blogger Award!

The Versatile Blogger Award

Well, Christmas is almost here, and I have already received my Christmas present.  I found out that I was nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award.  I want to thank The Fabulously Modest Life for bestowing this honor on me.  I had heard about it previously and known others who have received it, so I was hoping to eventually have the chance.  Since I consider this blog to be pretty darn versatile, I did not see why not. ;)  So this means a lot to me, especially going into Christmas, and after that into the start of a new year.

Having received the award, I now get to nominate 15 of my favorite blogs, so I have listed them below.  I am sure that there are many others, but these were the ones that I could think of off the top of my head.  Make sure to check them out for yourself. Like the award, I think you will find the list to be pretty versatile, too:

These are a Few of my Favorite Blogs…:

Ramblings of a WAHM

Sweet Floweret

Walking Papers Blog

Chasing Bargains

The Crazy Rambler

I’m an Organizing Junkie

I also need to share 7 things about myself, so here’s where the difficult part comes in.

Things about Me You Have Never Cared to Know:

1. I skipped kindergarten, so I was always younger than everyone in my class.
  2. I have the same full name as the celebrity Jennifer Lopez: Jennifer Lynn Lopez. She was born with hers, my last name came through marriage.
  3. I was an aunt even before I was born– I have a nephew that is 7 years older than me and a niece that is 7 years younger. Both are more like siblings to me.
  4. I used to do coloring contests as a kid and won many, a tradition that I have passed onto my boys.
  5. My personality type is ISTP (Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving).
  6. I always wanted to have twin boys.
  7. I got Lyme disease from a tick in the middle of Chicago when I was in college.

This is a fabulous honor that I am grateful for, so thank you again to Jennifer at The Fabulously Modest Life.  I also want to congratulate the bloggers who have been nominated in this post.  Make sure to share the love with blogs that you love, too.

About JLLopez1006

*Creator, writer, and designer of Live Simply, Live Thrifty, Live Savvy blog. *Contributing Blogger for FreeShipping.com blog.
This entry was posted in Special Message From Site Administrator and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to I Got my Christmas Gift– The Versatile Blogger Award!

1. Congrats!!! and Merry Christmas!

• jllopez1006 says:

Karen,

Best wishes to you during the holidays and into the New Year.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

–JLLopez1006

2. Jen says:

Thanks so much for the shout out! So very kind of you! Happy holidays!

xoxo,
    Jen

3. Fenny says:

Congrats Jennifer!!! Isn’t it confirming when someone else considers your blog Award worthy? Yours definitely deserves it!!! Merry Christmas, that the lights of Christmas will lighten your world!!
    Thank you for passing this award on to me, I am chuffed :-)

• jllopez1006 says:

Fenny,

Thanks so much for your kind words. I hope that you enjoyed your Christmas and are looking forward to a good New Year.

We are enjoying exceptionally good weather over here, so I am in a better mood than normal. I am talking days of direct sun, and temps up to the 40′s. ;) Probably the best weather ever for Christmas. It will be a shock to my system when the worst days of winter are finally here, as I am ready to head into spring.

What is “chuffed”? Strangely enough, I looked it up in the Urban Dictionary, and it said, “To be very pleased, proud or happy with yourself.” You learn something new everyday.

Enjoy!

–JLLopez1006

4. AllieRambles says:

Jennifer,

Why didn’t you tell me you gave this me? Wasn’t one of the stipulations that you notify the recipients? Well, I probably missed the email, just like I missed the post. I am so sorry for not coming by more often. I am working on that.

So…CONGRATS! It is well deserved. You are great FB buddy and awesome blogger. It’s only up from here!

~Allie

• jllopez1006 says:

Allie,

I believe that I did contact everyone that I nominated– possibly with a comment on the blog? Of course, I cannot recall, but I thought I did. I do not think it was a regular email, but of course, I cannot find my comment on your blog, nor I can find where I contacted you on FB about it either. Sorry that you were not aware. ;( I think I told you that you were going to hate me for giving it to you yet again– or at least that is what I was thinking. LOL…

Thanks for your encouragement, and for stopping by. It is impossible to keep up with everything that is going on online.

Have a good evening.

• AllieRambles says:

Jen,
        OK, yet another time my bad memory gets me in trouble. I probably thanked you for it and everything, my bad.
        I don’t remember BUT you are probably right. 2012 I am going to pay better attention. :-)

Thank you again.

~Allie

• jllopez1006 says:

Allie,

Sadly, I cannot even recall! LOL. So, feel better– we are equally as bad! I looked all over, but could not find anything, so now I have no clue. Oh, well, now you know. And how about that post from Alan, huh? Totally had me laughing. I love seeing how differently that people think. ;)

Enjoy your weekend.