Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post that I was selected to complete in collaboration with Farmland® and Latina Bloggers Connect. I received compensation in exchange for providing this post. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
It’s almost time for the big game! If you’re preparing for the Super Bowl on February 1, 2015, you’ll definitely want to make sure you have something good for your family and friends to eat.
Want to serve something everyone will love? Just add bacon, especially Farmland® Bacon! Farmland® bacon is slow smoked over real hardwoods for maximum flavor. For decades, Farmland® has taken pride in perfecting their curing and smoking technique – a difference you’ll taste in every delicious bite. Try out this recipe to keep your football fans satisfied.
Football Fiesta Loaded Potato Skins
A spicy twist on a pub favorite that provides a kick perfect for football season!
- 1 package of Farmland® bacon (classic or thick cut)
- Russet potatoes
- Olive oil (or melted butter)
- Mexican, fiesta or nacho/taco shredded cheese blended with spices
- Tomato-based salsa casera
- Chipotle sauce
- Flavored sour cream or fiesta/jalapeno sour cream dip
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Cook (fry or microwave) bacon until crisp. Crumble cooked bacon into small pieces to use as topping. Set aside for later use.
- Cook (bake or microwave) whole potatoes after washing and piercing them several times with fork (time various according to cooking method). Allow potatoes to cool for a few minutes until cool enough to handle.
- Slice each potato in half lengthwise for smaller potatoes and in quarters lengthwise for larger potatoes. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh, leaving about 1/4 inch layer remaining.
- Brush the insides of the potatoes with olive oil (or melted butter) and season with pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Flip the potatoes over, brush the skin sides with olive oil and season with pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder pepper. Evenly space the potato halves skin-side up on a baking sheet and broil in oven or toaster oven for 2-3 minutes until the skins start to crisp. Flip the potato halves over and broil another 2-3 minutes until the top edges start to brown.
- Top each skin with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon. Place in the broiler or toaster oven and broil until the cheese is melted, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the broiler and top each with a sprinkle of chipotle sauce and dollop of sour cream (or dip). Alternatively, sour cream or dip can be served on the side to dip potato skins into.
I hope you like this Latino-inspired recipe perfect for game time. I served it to my family and my husband was very pleased with the flavor and kick. :)
Are you ready for some football?! Enjoy the big game! Don’t forget to share this recipe with your family and friends via social media and email.